Sunday, April 15, 2007

Working on the boat

Dad has done quite a few projects in the short amount of time we've been here. Changing the diesel engine's oil, altering the stove so that it runs off of propane instead of compressed natural gas, and installing a new hatch are a few of the major items.

Dad and I started installing a new solar powered exhaust fan in the Head (boat term for the water closet, which is a british term for the toilet). We were unable to finish due to the lack of silicone gell (we'll pick some up tomorrow). Here we are trying to understand the directions.




Here I am in the Head, the hole we drilled is between my fingers.



We also spent time working on the deck resealing the some plates that are a part of where the halyards are attached to some metal that is attached to a bulkhead. (I think)





Tomorrow the boat goes in the water! More pictures to come.

Love you all.

Zac

p.s.


Here's a video of me (looking dorky in my golfing/boating hat) that mom took.


No comments: